Coroner’s office tells Gossip Cop Brittany Murphy’s death was “preventable” and how her life could have been saved
12:28 pm, February 4th, 2010UPDATE
According to the L.A. County Coroner, Brittany Murphy‘s cause of death has been determined.
It was caused by community acquired pneumonia, iron deficiency anemia, and multiple drug intoxication.
The Coroner’s office concluded the death occurred as a result of drug intake, but was an “accident.”
Spokesman Craig Harvey says the primary cause of Murphy’s death was pneumonia, with secondary factors of iron-deficiency anemia and multiple drug intoxication, adding that all drugs in Murphy’s system were prescription medications.
But what’s heartbreaking is that it was “preventable,” Ed Winter of the Coroner’s office told Gossip Cop.
Assistant Chief Winter said, “If she had gone to the doctor, they could have maybe treated her pneumonia and anemia,” and she might have survived.
He explained, “If you’ve got pneumonia, you need to get proper treatment,” but Murphy self-medicated and the added “combination of prescription and over-the-counter meds played a role” in her death.
And when we asked about whether there were any illicit drugs in her system, Assistant Chief Winter told Gossip Cop pointblank, “Nothing.”
The final autopsy report will be available in two weeks.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for updates…
You might like:
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- A$AP Rocky Drop "Fashion Killa" Video Starring Rihanna
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West