Britney Spears victim of Australian media “Circus”
1:31 am, November 9th, 2009
Oops, the press has done it again with Britney Spears.
It has turned into a media “Circus” Down Under, where several reports have claimed that numerous fans walked out of Spears’ first concert on Friday – after just a few tunes – because of her lip-synching.
Paul Dainty, the tour’s promoter told the newspaper The Australian, “Britney is aware of all this and she’s extremely upset by it;“ however, he added, it was “totally inaccurate reporting.” He even went so far as to call it “an absolute fabrication.”
You’ll recall last week Gossip Cop reported about the lip-synching controversy after an Australian minister, Virginia Judge – referencing Spears’ professional beginnings – told a local paper that people would not tolerate a “Mickey Mouse performance.” She said, “Let’s be clear — live means live,” and “If you are spending up to 200 dollars [$182 U.S.] I think you deserve better than a film clip.” Judge further suggested that tickets include a disclaimer noting that parts of the concert are pre-recorded.
A spokesperson for Burswood Dome, the Perth venue from where concertgoers allegedly stormed out on Friday, claims no one complained about the performance.
Regardless of that assertion and the tour promoter’s denial, the local newspapers and television shows produced a number of individuals who were annoyed by the lip-synching, some of whom even publicly asked for their money back.
That said, Gossip Cop looked into these stories and concluded that the scope of the exodus has been greatly exaggerated.
While it is true some left upset because of the lip-synching, they were a tiny minority. The vast, vast majority of fans loved Spears’ first performance.
Spears is slated to hit the stage again in Melbourne on Wednesday.
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?