CLAIM: Britney Spears “Ambushed” In Intervention Staged By Family
12:45 am, March 3rd, 2011
“Britney Spears flew into a rage when a weekend getaway to her family home in Louisiana turned into a surprise intervention – complete with a psychiatrist to conduct an on-site therapy session,” begins a piece in the National Enquirer.
According to the tab, Spears went to Louisiana for “what she thought was going to be a few days of rest and relaxation with her parents and her sister Jamie Lynn,” but when she stopped by her sister’s place, “she was ambushed.”
The Enquirer claims the Spears family was concerned the singer’s been “drinking and not taking her medications to treat her bipolar disorder,” so waiting for her at her sister’s home was a psychiatrist.
“Britney realized she was being set up and went ballistic,” reports the mag.
“She started cursing out her entire family for trying to force her into therapy. She accused them of trapping her and betraying her,” says a so-called “source,” who adds, “Britney was screaming at both her father and her boyfriend Jason and then she picked up a vase and smashed it on the floor.”
Gossip Cop investigated…
Here’s what’s true: Spears went to Louisiana for a few days.
Here’s what’s not true: Everything else.
There was no intervention of any sort.
A source close to Spears further confirms to Gossip Cop, “It’s untrue.”
Oops… the Enquirer did it again.
See risque PHOTOS from Britney’s spread in “V” magazine
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank