Britney Spears Has Dramatic Run-In With Past Collaborator Auditioning on X Factor
5:29 pm, June 18th, 2012VIDEO
Britney Spears had a blast from the past during auditions for “The X Factor” in San Francisco on Sunday.
One of the aspiring contestants was a singer named Don Philip, with whom Spears had collaborated more than a decade ago on the song “I Will Still Love You” from her Baby One More Time album.
After his performance, Philip told Spears, “I’m gay,” and voiced that he had thought she did not approve of his sexual orientation when they worked together in the past.
Spears told him, “I think it’s fine that you’re gay,” and comforted Philip as he began to cry on stage, according to People.
However, when it came to critiquing the singer’s performance, Spears did not sugarcoat her opinion.
The “Till the World Ends” singer said, “Through the years, maybe you’ve gone through a lot of hardships and battles, and I think you’ve gone through that more than training on your voice, because your voice really isn’t up to the bar of the standards of ‘The X Factor’ and what we want.”
Although Philip was devastated about not making it on the show, he wrote on his Facebook page that the experience “clears up alot of past issues for me and gives me joy to know Brit 100% accepted me and does now.”
He added on Twitter, “Still brits biggest fan.”
Check out the video below!
How do you think Spears handled the dramatic encounter?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?