Britney Spears Has Dramatic Run-In With Past Collaborator Auditioning on X Factor
5:29 pm, June 18th, 2012VIDEO
Britney Spears had a blast from the past during auditions for “The X Factor” in San Francisco on Sunday.
One of the aspiring contestants was a singer named Don Philip, with whom Spears had collaborated more than a decade ago on the song “I Will Still Love You” from her Baby One More Time album.
After his performance, Philip told Spears, “I’m gay,” and voiced that he had thought she did not approve of his sexual orientation when they worked together in the past.
Spears told him, “I think it’s fine that you’re gay,” and comforted Philip as he began to cry on stage, according to People.
However, when it came to critiquing the singer’s performance, Spears did not sugarcoat her opinion.
The “Till the World Ends” singer said, “Through the years, maybe you’ve gone through a lot of hardships and battles, and I think you’ve gone through that more than training on your voice, because your voice really isn’t up to the bar of the standards of ‘The X Factor’ and what we want.”
Although Philip was devastated about not making it on the show, he wrote on his Facebook page that the experience “clears up alot of past issues for me and gives me joy to know Brit 100% accepted me and does now.”
He added on Twitter, “Still brits biggest fan.”
Check out the video below!
How do you think Spears handled the dramatic encounter?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- Child Stars Turned Child Brides
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Lorde's Royally Cute Music Video Look