CLAIM: Britney Spears “Cracking Under the Pressure” As The X Factor Judge
1:50 pm, May 24th, 2012
Britney Spears is “cracking under the pressure” of her new job on “The X Factor,” claims In Touch.
The tabloid reports that the “emotionally fragile star” is showing “anxiety” in the new gig, citing a so-called “witness” who says Spears was “out of it” during the FOX upfront presentation during which she and Demi Lovato were introduced as the show’s big additions.
An “insider” for the magazine explains, “Britney is great at performing in concert, but she’s scared to death of having to critique people and speak candidly. She’s putting a lot of pressure on herself to be perfect, but it’s only making her more anxious.”
In Touch provides no additional evidence for Spears actually “cracking,” instead hoping that merely mentioning the star’s 2008 hospitalization for mental health issues is enough to convince everyone she’s having a hard time on The X Factor.
So is the new judge really about to melt down, as In Touch suggests?
A rep for Spears tells Gossip Cop flatly that the tabloid claim is “not true.”
It might be time for In Touch to stop reporting from 2008.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court