Britney Spears Abused Amphetamines, Crystal Meth, Claims Sam Lutfi Attorney
8:09 pm, October 18th, 2012
The accusations were made during attorney Joseph Schleimer’s opening statement in Sam Lutfi’s libel trial.
He is suing Spears’ parents Jamie and Lynne, as well as her conservators, over allegedly defamatory statements Lynne made about him in her memoir, as well as Lutfi’s belief that they pushed him out of the singer’s life and cost him millions.
According to Schleimer, Lutfi “was made a scapegoat for drug abuse and erratic behavior of” Spears, who allegedly used amphetamines regularly — including the January 2008 night she was placed under a 5150 psychiatric hold.
He also alleged that a drug-sniffing dog found crystal meth in Spears’ home, and that the reason she shaved her head was to rid any possible traces of it in her hair in case of a drug test.
Judge Susan Bruguera told the attorney that he must provide evidence during the trial to support his allegations.
“Everything you say, you have to be able to back it up,” the judge reportedly told him with the jury out of the room. “You can’t waste time on statements just thrown in the air. Everything has to have evidence.”
Again: It’s important to note that these are just allegations at this time.
Attorneys for the defense are set to make their opening statement Friday afternoon.
Spears is not expected to testify during the trial.
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- Sandra Bullock Already Has Son Potty Trained
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- A Look Back At Paul Walker's Legacy
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Idris Elba Talks Fathering A Child That Wasn't His