Britney Spears Abused Amphetamines, Crystal Meth, Claims Sam Lutfi Attorney
8:09 pm, October 18th, 2012
The accusations were made during attorney Joseph Schleimer’s opening statement in Sam Lutfi’s libel trial.
He is suing Spears’ parents Jamie and Lynne, as well as her conservators, over allegedly defamatory statements Lynne made about him in her memoir, as well as Lutfi’s belief that they pushed him out of the singer’s life and cost him millions.
According to Schleimer, Lutfi “was made a scapegoat for drug abuse and erratic behavior of” Spears, who allegedly used amphetamines regularly — including the January 2008 night she was placed under a 5150 psychiatric hold.
He also alleged that a drug-sniffing dog found crystal meth in Spears’ home, and that the reason she shaved her head was to rid any possible traces of it in her hair in case of a drug test.
Judge Susan Bruguera told the attorney that he must provide evidence during the trial to support his allegations.
“Everything you say, you have to be able to back it up,” the judge reportedly told him with the jury out of the room. “You can’t waste time on statements just thrown in the air. Everything has to have evidence.”
Again: It’s important to note that these are just allegations at this time.
Attorneys for the defense are set to make their opening statement Friday afternoon.
Spears is not expected to testify during the trial.
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Ice Cube Slams The Late Paul Walker
- The Hottest Celebrity Hairstyles For Spring 2014
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z