Family Guy Says “Brian’s Announcement” Site Is HOAX As Stunt Speculation Swirls
12:30 pm, November 26th, 2013
Brian Griffin might be brought back from the dead — or maybe not.
The popular “Family Guy” character was controversially killed off on Sunday’s episode, leading to online backlash.
Suspicions that the whole thing could have been a publicity stunt briefly gained momentum with the arrival of a countdown website called “Brian’s Announcement.”
It promises that a “special announcement” will take place at noon ET on December 6.
But the “Family Guy” camp says it’s a hoax.
“The producers have confirmed that the ‘special announcement from Brian’ website is a hoax and was not created by anyone connected to the show, studio or network,” 20th Century Fox Television said on Tuesday.
So while it’s possible that Brian could still return (again: this is a cartoon, not real life), and that the entire thing was a stunt, it appears that this specific “announcement” is phony.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Jackie Cruz Defends Latinas Everywhere
- Shakira Opens Up About Her Possessive Man
- Juan Pablo Catches Major Heat
- Ricky Martin Fights Back Against Violence
- 15 Celebrities You Didn't Were Realted