Elizabeth Smart Kidnapper Found Guilty, Faces Life Sentence
1:33 pm, December 10th, 2010BREAKING!
The federal jury in Salt Lake City rejected the defense’s insanity claims less than 12 hours after deliberations began.
Mitchell faces a possible sentence of life in prison.
The convicted “street preacher” was found guilty on counts of kidnapping and unlawful transportation of a minor across state lines for the purposes of illegal sex.
Mitchell abducted Smart when she was 14, keeping her captive for 9 months.
The defense tried to argue that his delusions prevented Mitchell from distinguishing right and wrong. Prosecutors claimed he simply used the illusion of serious mental illness to manipulate others.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?