Elizabeth Smart Kidnapper Found Guilty, Faces Life Sentence
1:33 pm, December 10th, 2010BREAKING!
The federal jury in Salt Lake City rejected the defense’s insanity claims less than 12 hours after deliberations began.
Mitchell faces a possible sentence of life in prison.
The convicted “street preacher” was found guilty on counts of kidnapping and unlawful transportation of a minor across state lines for the purposes of illegal sex.
Mitchell abducted Smart when she was 14, keeping her captive for 9 months.
The defense tried to argue that his delusions prevented Mitchell from distinguishing right and wrong. Prosecutors claimed he simply used the illusion of serious mental illness to manipulate others.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together
- An Unforgettable One Direction Game!
- Kim Kardashian Shares New Photo of North West
- Lorde's Royally Cute Music Video Look