SPOILER: Family Guy Resurrects Brian on Christmas Episode, Seth MacFarlane Explains Controversial Stunt
9:44 pm, December 15th, 2013VIDEO
Rest easy, folks: Brian is alive and well on “Family Guy.”
After seemingly dying after getting hit by a car last month, the dog was rescued in the nick of time by his baby best friend Stewie on Sunday’s Christmas episode thanks to a time travel twist.
As Gossip Cop reported at the time, there was a viewer uproar after the pooch was (apparently) killed off last month, but some speculated that the move was simply a publicity stunt with Brian’s eventual return being tied to the comedy’s holiday episode.
In the interim, the show went as far as introducing a new family pet Vinny, voiced by “Sopranos” star Tony Sirico, but the audience’s suspicions proved right all along.
Series creator and Brian’s voice actor Seth MacFarlane has now confirmed the grand plan — and its motives — on Twitter.
“And thus endeth our warm, fuzzy holiday lesson: Never take those you love for granted, for they can be gone in a flash,” he tweeted after the episode ended.
He then quipped, “I mean, you didn’t really think we’d kill off Brian, did you? Jesus, we’d have to be f*cking high.”
“Oh and hey… thanks for caring so much about the canine Griffin. He is overcome with gratitude,” MacFarlane added.
Check out the video below, where Stewie travels to the past to save Brian before he can be hit by the car.
What do you think of Brian’s return from the dead?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss