Bret Michaels Would “Love” to Be ‘American Idol’ Judge
1:35 pm, June 28th, 2010
Bret Michaels is feeling better and looking forward to a future that might include “American Idol.”
“We have a meeting in L.A. in a couple weeks and we’re going to sit down and talk,” the recovering rocker tells Parade magazine. “I would love to be a judge on American Idol,” he adds, “I think I would bring a lot to the table.”
Rather than imitating Simon Cowell, Michaels believes an eventual replacement should have his own identity. “Bring Bret Michaels in to be original to who and what I am,” he contends. “Bring someone who can bring a little grit, true grit back to the show.”
“I’m feeling pretty good,” says Michaels. “Each day I feel a bit better… I’ve learned a lot of it is mind over matter. Once I knew that I had a chance to survive the brain hemorrhage, I was taking life and grabbing it for everything I could.”
A new VH1 reality series, “Life As I Know It,” will follow Michaels in a more grounded (and family-oriented) manner than his previous hit show, “Rock of Love.”
Michaels is touring once again and has a solo album, Custom Built, debuting on July 6.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Teen Mom 2's Kailyn's Bitter Custody Battle with Jo
- Lisa Vanderpump and Brandi Glanville's Over-the-Top Passive Aggressive Posts
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Both Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian's Homes Robbed!
- Khloe Kardashian to Make Bieber's Party Pad Her Own