Bret Michaels Would “Love” to Be ‘American Idol’ Judge
1:35 pm, June 28th, 2010
Bret Michaels is feeling better and looking forward to a future that might include “American Idol.”
“We have a meeting in L.A. in a couple weeks and we’re going to sit down and talk,” the recovering rocker tells Parade magazine. “I would love to be a judge on American Idol,” he adds, “I think I would bring a lot to the table.”
Rather than imitating Simon Cowell, Michaels believes an eventual replacement should have his own identity. “Bring Bret Michaels in to be original to who and what I am,” he contends. “Bring someone who can bring a little grit, true grit back to the show.”
“I’m feeling pretty good,” says Michaels. “Each day I feel a bit better… I’ve learned a lot of it is mind over matter. Once I knew that I had a chance to survive the brain hemorrhage, I was taking life and grabbing it for everything I could.”
A new VH1 reality series, “Life As I Know It,” will follow Michaels in a more grounded (and family-oriented) manner than his previous hit show, “Rock of Love.”
Michaels is touring once again and has a solo album, Custom Built, debuting on July 6.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court