UPDATED: “New Moon” Biggest Midnight Opening Ever
1:01 pm, November 20th, 2009EXCLUSIVE!
Sources tell Gossip Cop Summit Entertainment is set to announce that “The Twilight Saga: New Moon” broke the record for biggest midnight opening last night, beating “The Dark Knight” and the top “Harry Potter” franchise performer.
WE’VE JUST RECEIVED THIS FROM SUMMIT…
THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON has set a new record for opening midnight shows with an estimated gross of $26.270 million playing at 3,514 theaters for a per theater average of $7,476. THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON passes HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE ($22.2 million) to take the number one spot.* Following POTTER is DARK KNIGHT ($18.5 million).
In addition to THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON, last night Summit re-issued TWILIGHT in theaters. The film grossed $1.3 million playing at 2,057 theaters for a per theater average of $631. The re-issue of Twilight came in just outside the top 15 for the week this is notable especially considering that all came from just 9 PM Thursday night shows.
* Records based on data from industry leader Paul Dergarabedian of BoxOffice.com
You might like:
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?
- Child Stars Turned Child Brides
- Match Up!: What Pup Belongs To Which Celeb?
- Mila Kunis Does Bridesmaid Duty For Her Brother
- Get Taylor Swift's Floral Frock For Less
- Is Katherine Heigl The Brattiest Celebrity?