UPDATED: “New Moon” Biggest Midnight Opening Ever
1:01 pm, November 20th, 2009EXCLUSIVE!
Sources tell Gossip Cop Summit Entertainment is set to announce that “The Twilight Saga: New Moon” broke the record for biggest midnight opening last night, beating “The Dark Knight” and the top “Harry Potter” franchise performer.
WE’VE JUST RECEIVED THIS FROM SUMMIT…
THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON has set a new record for opening midnight shows with an estimated gross of $26.270 million playing at 3,514 theaters for a per theater average of $7,476. THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON passes HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE ($22.2 million) to take the number one spot.* Following POTTER is DARK KNIGHT ($18.5 million).
In addition to THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON, last night Summit re-issued TWILIGHT in theaters. The film grossed $1.3 million playing at 2,057 theaters for a per theater average of $631. The re-issue of Twilight came in just outside the top 15 for the week this is notable especially considering that all came from just 9 PM Thursday night shows.
* Records based on data from industry leader Paul Dergarabedian of BoxOffice.com
You might like:
- Remember Lisa Turtle? Wait Til You See Her Now!
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- 11 Easy DIY Date Night Hairstyles
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?