The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 Earns $30.4 Million First Night
12:42 pm, November 16th, 2012
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 grossed an estimated $30.4 million from Thursday night and midnight shows in North America, setting the stage for what could be a $150 million weekend.
If the final installment in the hit series keeps packing theaters at this pace, it will become the biggest opening in Twilight history.
The franchise’s current top opening weekend belongs to The Twilight Saga: New Moon, which earned $142 million when it debuted in November 2009.
Its penultimate chapter, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1, racked up $138 million over its opening weekend last November.
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse remains the biggest overall earner in North America, at just over $300 million for its run.
Some projections have Breaking Dawn – Part 2 hitting as high as $158 million (including 10 p.m. Thursday grosses), but it’s obviously too early to say.
Internationally, the film had grossed a cumulative $38.8 million so far from 37 territories.
The movie opened higher than Breaking Dawn – Part 1 in Mexico, and even set a non-holiday opening day record in Russia.
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss