The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 Sinks Fangs Into Huge Opening Weekend
12:24 am, November 18th, 2012BOX OFFICE
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 easily won the weekend box office, building off a huge first night that’s put the franchise capper at $141.3 million in North America.
That figure makes the last installment of the series second only to the opening for New Moon ($142.8 million).
Its worldwide ticket sales topped $340.9 million.
Last week’s champ, the James Bond flick Skyfall, had a strong second-place showing of $41.5 million.
Lincoln expanded to wide release this week, with Steven Spielberg’s presidential biopic nabbing third place with $22.4 million.
The animated Wreck-It Ralph and Flight, starring Denzel Washington, came in fourth and fifth places at $18.3 million and $8.6 million, respectively.
Rounding out the Top 10 were the hostage thriller Argo ($4.1 million), Liam Neeson’s kidnapping hit Taken 2 ($2.1 million), Pitch Perfect ($1.3 million), Bollywood import Jab Tak Hai Jaan ($1.2 million), and Here Comes The Boom ($1.1 million).
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Shirtless One Direction Members Announce Tour
- Mermaid Style: Jade Thirwall's Under The Sea Tee
- Gwyneth Paltrow Is The Most Hated Celeb In Hollywood
- Could This Be Kim K.'s Biggest Fashion Fail Yet?
- Kendall Jenner Admits Being A Kardashian Ruined Her Childhood
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?