ESTIMATES: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 Could Hit $125 Million Opening Weekend
11:13 pm, November 15th, 2011
According to reported early studio estimates, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 is primed to earn more than $110 million in its opening weekend at the domestic box office.
Some projections have the fourth film in the series hitting the $125 million mark.
Either figure would make Breaking Dawn the easy weekend winner and give it the second-highest opening in the franchise’s history, behind only New Moon, which racked up $142.8 million when it debuted almost exactly two years ago.
Last weekend’s champ, Immortals, debuted to $32.2 million.
Breaking Dawn is slated to debut in 4,061 theaters across North America on Friday.
The initial projections are being reported by Deadline.
Gossip Cop will have updated box office estimates later this week.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Celebrity Dog Choices That Surprised Us
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting