Breaking Dawn Passes $700 Million Mark Globally; Will Be Biggest Twilight Film
1:19 pm, January 22nd, 2012
Summit Entertainment has just announced that Breaking Dawn Part 1, the fourth installment in the Twilight Saga, has grossed an estimated $701.3 million globally since the film was released in November.
The film is just a few million dollars away from passing New Moon, which took in $709.8 million.
Eclipse and Twilight grossed $698.5 million and $390.4, respectively .
Breaking Dawn Part 1 has yet to be released in several countries, including Japan and China.
The film company’s co-chairmen Rob Friedman and Patrick Wachsberger said in a statement: “The milestone is important on several fronts and illustrates the vitality of the franchise on a global scale even after four films. Stephenie Meyer’s story and characters were brought to the screen this time via the talented hands of Bill Condon along with the cast and crew that has been with the film franchise since its inception. We are very proud of the success the franchise has experienced and anticipate the saga’s conclusion this November.”
Breaking Dawn Part 1 hits theatees on November 16, 2012.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce Turns a Blind Eye: Is Her Little Brother Homeless?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?