Breaking Dawn Passes $500 Million at Box Office in 12 Days
6:28 pm, November 29th, 2011
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 has passed the $500 million mark.
The film grossed $508 million in global ticket sales in only 12 days since the film’s release on November 18, 2011.
Summit Entertainment’s Co-Chairmen Rob Friedman and Patrick Wachsberger stated: “We couldn’t be more pleased with the success of this film and a franchise that the fans have continued to support over the past several years. Thank you to all involved with the films from the actors, filmmakers and Stephenie Meyer to the most important group of all, the global fan base that continues to drive a desire for more Edward, Jacob and Bella.”
In a release sent to Gossip Cop, the studio says Breaking Dawn “also reached an additional milestone domestically, having generated $223 million and putting it in the top 12 films to reach $220 million in 10 days.”
What do you think of these numbers?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Did Kim Kardashian Wax Her Babies Eyebrows?
- Celebrity Breakups: Who Called it Quits in 2013?
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Kate Bosworth's New Red Hair - Makeover or Makeunder?
- Demi Lovato Rocks The Skrillex Look
- 10 Famous Couples Who Should Never Split Up
- 9 Celebs Who Married Average Joes
- Celebrities Remember Their First Kiss