Brave Shoots Down Abraham Lincoln For #1 Spot at Weekend Box Office
9:15 am, June 24th, 2012BOX OFFICE
Pixar has yet another #1 hit.
Brave, the animation company’s first movie featuring a female lead character, tops this weekend’s box office with a take of $66.7 million.
The Scottish adventure is Pixar’s 13th consecutive first-place opener.
Another animated feature, Madagascar 3, performed well enough in its third weekend to capture the #2 spot with $20.2 million.
Nabbing third place was the new release Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, which earned $16.5 million in its debut.
Sci-fi thinker Prometheus and fairy tale action flick Snow White and the Huntsman came in fourth and fifth places with $10 million and $8.1 million, respectively.
Rounding out the Top 10 were 1980s hair metal musical Rock of Ages ($8 million), That’s My Boy ($7.9 million), The Avengers ($7 million), Men in Black ($5.6 million), and Seeking a Friend for the End of the World ($3.9 million)
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kim Kardashian Shares New Photo of North West
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- A Look Back At Paul Walker's Legacy
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together