Brave Shoots Down Abraham Lincoln For #1 Spot at Weekend Box Office
9:15 am, June 24th, 2012BOX OFFICE
Pixar has yet another #1 hit.
Brave, the animation company’s first movie featuring a female lead character, tops this weekend’s box office with a take of $66.7 million.
The Scottish adventure is Pixar’s 13th consecutive first-place opener.
Another animated feature, Madagascar 3, performed well enough in its third weekend to capture the #2 spot with $20.2 million.
Nabbing third place was the new release Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, which earned $16.5 million in its debut.
Sci-fi thinker Prometheus and fairy tale action flick Snow White and the Huntsman came in fourth and fifth places with $10 million and $8.1 million, respectively.
Rounding out the Top 10 were 1980s hair metal musical Rock of Ages ($8 million), That’s My Boy ($7.9 million), The Avengers ($7 million), Men in Black ($5.6 million), and Seeking a Friend for the End of the World ($3.9 million)
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids