Tobey Maguire Caught in Ponzi Schemer’s Web
11:37 am, June 22nd, 2011
Tobey Maguire is being targeted for hundreds of thousands of dollars allegedly won from a now-jailed Ponzi schemer in illegal high-stakes poker games.
It’s not quite as confusing as it sounds.
According to legal documents, Ruderman used to play in a top-dollar poker game with Maguire and other deep-pocketed gamblers.
Ruderman admits to losing $5.2 million in these games, and claims Maguire personally beat him for more than $300,000 between 2007 and 2008.
Because unlicensed gambling is illegal, the bankruptcy trustees are now attempting to seize Maguire’s “earnings” to help pay Ruderman’s stiffed clients.
Gossip Cop wonders if Maguire’s Spidey sense tingled when staring across the poker table at the villainous Ruderman.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- The Best Celebrity Hairstyles
- Which Celebrity Likes To Eat Crickets?
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- Is Miley's Outfit Too Much?
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- You Don't Like Gwyneth Paltrow? She Doesn't Care!