Bradley Cooper: I’ve Been Living With My Mom For The Past 2 Years
1:57 pm, April 16th, 2013
The Silver Linings Playbook star tells the magazine, “We’re surviving. Both of us. Let’s face it: It’s probably not easy for her, by the way, to be living with her son. It’s life. And right now, two years after my father’s death, this is where we are.”
Cooper adds, “My family is very close, and my dad dying was brutal for all of us. It was a schism, and its aftershock has not stopped. And we need each other. So here we are.”
The star shares, “But don’t get me wrong. It’s not without complications. It’s not like I live in a compound and she’s in the guesthouse. No. She’s in the next room. But here’s the thing: She’s a cool chick. We can hang, and she can roll with the punches.”
Cooper goes on to reveal that since the death of his dad, he’s more comfortable with being alone.
He says, “I don’t know what’s happened, maybe the death of my father or that I’m getting older, but I realize that I enjoy it tremendously now… being alone. I can stay alone for days. And be okay… I was just alone for seven days in Paris.”
The Hangover star also discusses being nominated for an Oscar, which came with the realization that some people didn’t take him seriously as an actor.
Cooper offers, “I had no idea how many people didn’t think I was really an actor. That surprised me. To me, I look at that guy in The Hangover, and that’s a full character that I worked on with the director to fit the story. Just like Sack Lodge in Wedding Crashers. So I’m creating characters that I think are full and rich, and everyone thought I was that guy.”
For more of Cooper’s candid interview, head over to Details.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?