Brad Pitt Says He Was “Trying To Pretend” Marriage With Jennifer Aniston Was “Something That It Wasn’t”
2:17 pm, September 15th, 2011
“I spent the ’90s trying to hide out, trying to duck the full celebrity cacophony,” says the actor. “I started to get sick of myself sitting on a couch, holding a joint, hiding out. It started feeling pathetic.”
“It became very clear to me that I was intent on trying to find a movie about an interesting life, but I wasn’t living an interesting life myself,” explains Pitt.
He adds, “I think that my marriage [to Aniston] had something to do with it. Trying to pretend the marriage was something that it wasn’t.”
He says he’s much happier now in his relationship with Jolie.
“I put much more emphasis on being a satisfied man. I’m satisfied with making true choices and finding the woman I love, Angie, and building a family that I love so much,” remarks the Moneyball star.
Pitt also sings Jolie’s praises as a parent, saying, “One of the greatest, smartest things I ever did was give my kids as their mom. She is such a great mom. Oh, man, I’m so happy to have her.”
What Pitt’s not happy about is the unrelenting rumor mill.
“I mean, how many stories have you read that aren’t true, stories about me and Angie being married or fighting or splitting up?” he asks. “And when we don’t split up, there’s a whole new round that we’ve made up and we’re back together again!”
“We’ll get married when everyone can. We’re not splitting up.”
He adds, “And we don’t have a seventh child yet.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 11 Celebrities That Have Signed Up To Go To Space
- 21 Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
- Who Knew Kristen Stewart and Kim Kardashian Had Similar Tastes?
- Gigi Hadid Heats Up Boyfriend Cody Simpson's New Music Video
- The New Kesha: Happy Healthy and Crazy Haired