Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie Win Damages for Bullsplit Story
7:59 am, July 22nd, 2010BREAKING
Back in January, the British tabloid, News of the World, wrote that Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt were splitting up, and making arrangements for dividing their $320 million in assets and custody of their six children.
As you’ll recall, Gossip Cop was quick to call the story “bullsplit,” because it was totally fabricated.
The stars then sued the tabloid — and now won!
Today, in London’s High Court, the happy couple accepted an undisclosed sum in damages for the false and intrusive allegations.
Their attorney Keith Schilling said, ”When the News of the World failed to publicly retract the allegations and apologize for them — thereby leaving their readers in the dark as to the true position — the couple felt they had no alternative than to sue.”
He added, “Today’s victory marks the end of the litigation brought by Brad and Angelina.”
The two stars were not in court, but will be giving the money they won to charity.
Do you think stars should sue more or not?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- Rajon Rondo Goes Chinese
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- Usher's Girlfriend Is An Alicia Keys Lookalike!
- Westboro Baptist Church's Sickening Paul Walker Funeral Plan
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- Who Called Miley "This Generations Madonna?"
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?