CLAIM: Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Have “Secret Wedding”
4:05 am, January 1st, 2011
How to explain the tab’s abrupt reversal?
Well, it’s downright easy – when little things like facts and reality aren’t allowed to mess up a good bait-and-switch cover story!
According to In Touch, Brangelina “whisked their six children off to a tropical paradise” – a resort in the Seychelles Islands – where they “exchanged vows” on November 23.
Wow, that’s incredible!
Ah, but lost in the cover’s breathless announcement about the couple’s alleged decision to “tie the knot” and their “intimate beach ceremony” is a tiny detail.
The wedding was all imaginary.
“It was a very private, pretend wedding mainly for the kids,” an In Touch “insider” reports.
Supposedly, Pitt and Jolie treated their children to faux nuptials, thereby honoring the kids’ wishes to see them marry. The so-called “fairy-tale wedding” was an elaborate trick. “The kids now think Mommy and Daddy are married,” explains the tabloid’s “insider.”
This was “pretend,” all right.
Except the “trick” wasn’t played on Pitt and Jolie’s kids. It was played on In Touch‘s readers.
Anyone scanning the cover would assume Brangelina shocked the world with a tropical wedding after years of saying they wouldn’t officially marry.
What actually happened, though, was a family vacation.
There was no ceremony. There was no “rehearsal for the real wedding,” which the “insider” guesses “will take place very soon, probably in Hungary.” There were no rings, no vows, and no nuptials, period.
So the mag decided to do what it does best – slap another fairy tale on the cover.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Super Cute: Jordin Sparks Wows in a Bikini
- Vivica Fox Comes After Brandi: Inside The Fight
- Khloe Kardashian and French Montana: Did They Confirm Their Love?
- Major Legal Drama: Why is Drake Being Sued?
- Karrueche Tran Supports Her Man Chris Brown in Court