Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie’s “Open Relationship” Rumor Gets Closed Down
5:04 pm, August 26th, 2011
HollywoodLife, one of the Internet’s best sources for unintentional comedy, has really outdone itself with an article today that claims Angelina Jolie has admitted to having an “open relationship” with Brad Pitt.
The site makes a weird attempt to link this week’s non-scandal with Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith to Jolie and Pitt by suggesting that there are “no restrictions” on their relationship, which is why Pitt can “get away flirting with” World War Z assistant Lara Marsden.
HollywoodLife is “connecting the dots” because Jolie supposedly “tells Germany’s Das Neue Blatt magazine they have no restrictions on their relationship!”
“I doubt that fidelity is absolutely essential for a relationship,” HollywoodLife quotes Jolie as telling the German mag. “It’s worse to leave your partner and talk badly about him afterwards. Neither Brad nor I have ever claimed that living together means to be chained together. We make sure that we never restrict each other.”
Um, a couple of things right off the bat.
First, Jolie never gave those quotes.
Second, Gossip Cop busted the interview way back in 2009.
But what’s most hilarious about this HollywoodLife piece isn’t that it’s both wrong and two years old – it’s that the site is pondering whether Jolie’s “open marriage” is proving to “be too much for her” when it comes to Marsden.
Jolie and Pitt’s relationship, of course, is neither “open” nor a “marriage,” which we realize must be difficult for HollywoodLife to grasp.
Details aren’t its strong suit.
To recap, HollywoodLife theorizes that Jolie’s non-existent, non-timely interview admitting her non-existent open “marriage” is now at odds with her non-existent rage over Pitt’s non-existent romantic relationship with Lara Marsden, who does exist, but these days must sometimes wish she didn’t.
We here at Gossip Cop would like to congratulate HollywoodLife on having an “open relationship” with facts. After all, being faithful to reality can be a real drag.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank