Boy George and Liam Payne of One Direction Twitter Feud Erupts
1:23 pm, February 21st, 2013
The spat stems from Wednesday’s Brit Awards, where the boy bander allegedly declined to pose for a photograph with Boy George’s young niece.
A steamed Boy George went public with Payne’s alleged snub while praising his One Direction mate.
“Top marks to Harry Styles for stopping for a picture with my niece and Bollox’s to Liam and the disrespectful wander of a minder!” he tweeted.
His comment triggered a wave of backlash, leading Boy George to write, “One direction fans stop bothering me!”
Early on Thursday, Payne himself fired back, explaining that Boy George had been confused about him and One Directioner Niall Horan, and taking the 1980s star to task:
“@BoyGeorge now now boy lets not tell porkies firstly thanks for getting my name wrong three times secondly then asking me where is liam?…akward then when you finally got it right saying you wanted Niall instead. if you would have asked me for a picture i would have stopped bro I just did what you said and pointed niall out for you so u just keep wearing ur strange hats and enjoy yourself my little Georgie pie… It’s still not cool you just look weird.”
The One Direction singer wasn’t quite done, tweeting, “@BoyGeorge do you really want to hurt meeee do you really want to make me cryyy come on ‘boy’ lighten up … Can I borrow a hat and make up for next Halloween I’d love to look as scary as you ;).”
Meanwhile, Boy George continued to provoke One Direction fans on Twitter.
“Please don’t reply to any 1D fans on my behalf! I have spent all day blocking them! Yawn!” wrote the singer, adding, “This is proof that most fans of teeny bands are complete morons!”
Somehow, we don’t think that’s going to end the back-and-forth.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Is Robyn Ready For Her Comeback?
- The Truth Behind Lana Del Rey's New Music
- Celebs De-Stress in Distressed Jeans
- Actors Who Refuse To Work Together
- Celebs Who Are Famous Because of Their Parents