‘Super 8′ Reels in #1 Spot [UPDATE]
10:40 am, June 12th, 2011BOX OFFICE
Throwback family sci-fi film Super 8 has won this weekend’s box office title with an impressive take of $37 million.
That puts the new release ahead of X-Men: First Class, which nabbed the number two spot with $25 million in its second week.
Third place went to The Hangover Part II, which earned $18.5 million, followed by Kung Fu Panda 2 with $16.6 million.
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, which has sailed past $200 million overall, secured fifth place with $10.4 million in ticket sales this weekend.
Rounding out the Top Ten are Bridesmaids ($10.2 million), Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer ($6.1 million), Midnight in Paris ($6.1 million), Thor ($2.3 million), and Fast Five ($1.8 million).
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Double Date With Kanye West And Kim Kardashian
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Child Stars Turned Child Brides
- Was Brittany Murphy Poisoned?
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- The Plastic Surgery That Changed Lisa Kudrow's Life
- Diddy Throws A Star Studded Pool Party
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- Celebrity Tattoos: What Were They Thinking?