‘Apes’ Rule Weekend, Edging ‘The Help’ and ‘Final Destination 5′
11:23 am, August 14th, 2011BOX OFFICE
Rise of the Planet of the Apes, starring James Franco and other doomed humans, won the weekend’s box office again with $27 million in ticket sales.
Meanwhile, the Emma Stone-headlined film, The Help took second place with $25.7 million, followed in third by Final Destination 5 with $18.4 million.
The Smurfs and 30 Minutes or Less came in fourth and fifth with $13.5 million and $13 million, respectively.
Rounding out the Top Ten were Cowboys & Aliens ($7.1 million), Crazy, Stupid, Love ($7 million), Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 ($6.7 million), Captain America: The First Avenger ($6.5 million), and The Change-Up ($6 million).
Glee 3D debuted outside the Top Ten with $5.7 million.
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Silicone Sorrows & Botox Blues: Regrettable Celeb Surgeries
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?