‘Apes’ Rule Weekend, Edging ‘The Help’ and ‘Final Destination 5′
11:23 am, August 14th, 2011BOX OFFICE
Rise of the Planet of the Apes, starring James Franco and other doomed humans, won the weekend’s box office again with $27 million in ticket sales.
Meanwhile, the Emma Stone-headlined film, The Help took second place with $25.7 million, followed in third by Final Destination 5 with $18.4 million.
The Smurfs and 30 Minutes or Less came in fourth and fifth with $13.5 million and $13 million, respectively.
Rounding out the Top Ten were Cowboys & Aliens ($7.1 million), Crazy, Stupid, Love ($7 million), Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 ($6.7 million), Captain America: The First Avenger ($6.5 million), and The Change-Up ($6 million).
Glee 3D debuted outside the Top Ten with $5.7 million.
What did you see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- You Won't Believe Nicky Minaj's Natural Hair
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Teen Choice Awards Nominees Announced
- The Real Reason For Denise Richards' Scary Skinny Frame
- What Does Ariana Grande's Tattoo Mean To Her?
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Is Justin Bieber Dating Kylie Jenner?
- McKellen Marrying Stewart
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed