The Bourne Legacy Beats The Campaign and Dark Knight Rises for #1
12:10 am, August 12th, 2012BOX OFFICE
The Bourne Legacy topped the weekend box office, breaking The Dark Knight Rises’ streak.
Bourne, with Jeremy Renner replacing Matt Damon as the franchise’s star, took in $41 million in its first weekend, beating the Will Ferrell-Zach Galifianakis political comedy The Campaign, which place second with $26.7 million.
The final Christian Bale Batman flick, The Dark Knight Rises, came in third with $20.2 million.
Hope Springs, the romantic comedy starring Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones, and Diary of a Wimpy Kid 3 came in fourth and fifth places with $15.5 million and $9.2 million, respectively.
Rounding out the Top 10 were Total Recall ($8.6 million), Ice Age 4 ($7.3 million), Step Up Revolution ($3.3 million), Ted ($3.1 million) and The Amazing Spider-Man ($2.3 million).
What did see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank