The Bourne Legacy Beats The Campaign and Dark Knight Rises for #1
12:10 am, August 12th, 2012BOX OFFICE
The Bourne Legacy topped the weekend box office, breaking The Dark Knight Rises’ streak.
Bourne, with Jeremy Renner replacing Matt Damon as the franchise’s star, took in $41 million in its first weekend, beating the Will Ferrell-Zach Galifianakis political comedy The Campaign, which place second with $26.7 million.
The final Christian Bale Batman flick, The Dark Knight Rises, came in third with $20.2 million.
Hope Springs, the romantic comedy starring Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones, and Diary of a Wimpy Kid 3 came in fourth and fifth places with $15.5 million and $9.2 million, respectively.
Rounding out the Top 10 were Total Recall ($8.6 million), Ice Age 4 ($7.3 million), Step Up Revolution ($3.3 million), Ted ($3.1 million) and The Amazing Spider-Man ($2.3 million).
What did see this weekend?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Tyrese's Heartbreaking Tribute To Paul Walker
- Julianne Hough Is Looking Very Different These Days
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy
- Christian Bale & Woody Harrelson Share The Screen
- 20 Sexiest 'Where are they Now?" Girls
- Kate Middleton Fires Her Hairstylist
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Stars In New Video Series
- Why Lindsay Lohan Is Suing Grand Theft Auto