Pat Rogers of Boston’s Finest Dead in Suspected Suicide
5:05 pm, November 21st, 2013
Pat Rogers, a police officer who appeared on the reality show “Boston’s Finest,” has allegedly committed suicide.
An 8-year veteran of the Boston Police Department who was featured in multiple episodes of the unscripted TNT series about the work and personal lives of the city’s cops, Rogers died on Tuesday in what a preliminary investigation has suggested was suicide.
The cause of death has not been officially confirmed.
As indicated in an official statement, “The Boston Police department is investigating the unfortunate death of a member of the department. At this time the circumstances are under investigation and the department asks that the media respect the privacy of the family.”
“Boston’s Finest,” which was about to debut its second season before Rogers’ death, is produced by Donnie Wahlberg.
On Tuesday, Wahlberg tweeted, “I am so deeply saddened tonight. My thoughts and prayers go out to a fallen brother of The Boston Police Dept.”
“Forgive my lack of tweets today,” he later added. “Working very hard, with a very heavy heart.”
TNT said in a statement, “We stand with the men and women of the Boston Police Department and send heartfelt condolences to family, friends and fellow officers.”
Rogers’ official bio for “Boston’s Finest” said that “from his blue-collar upbringing in Dorchester to his unmistakeable accent to his relaxed personality, Pat Rogers is a Boston guy.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Celebrity Dog Choices That Surprised Us