WATCH: Fake Borat Kazakhstan “Anthem” Mistakenly Played During Medal Ceremony
3:17 pm, March 24th, 2012VIDEO
Kazakhstan’s Maria Dmitrienko won gold at the Arab Shooting Championships in Kuwait this week – except instead of playing the country’s actual national anthem during the medal ceremony, organizers accidentally used the spoof from Borat.
Sacha Baron Cohen’s 2006 film, of course, did not portray Kazakhstan in the most flattering light.
The “anthem” mistakenly played during Dmitrienko’s moment of triumph refers, for instance, to the country having the “cleanest prostitutes” in the region.
During the song, the gold medalist looks understandably confused and uncomfortable, although she manages to smile near the end.
According to reports, event organizers explained that they had accidentally downloaded the Borat “anthem.”
Check out the video below!
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- A$AP Rocky Drop "Fashion Killa" Video Starring Rihanna
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Christian Bale & Woody Harrelson Share The Screen
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Jada Pinkett's M.O.: Rescue Willow From Hollywood!
- How You Can Keep One Direction Together
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years