Boo! President Obama having a massive Trick or Treat at the White House
4:09 pm, October 31st, 2009
It’s true, that big house on Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington, DC is letting kids trick or treat tonight.
President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama are going to hand out goodies to 2,000 kids tonight. The children, between the ages of 6 and 14, are slated to get special White House M&Ms with the president’s signature on them, a butter cookie made by the White House’s pastry chef, a National Park Foundation Ranger activity book, and a bunch of dried fruit.
The White House will be lit in orange tonight, and the property will be tricked out with giant pumpkins, a huge hanging spider, and all sorts of characters – some scary, some less so — will roam the property.
Afterwards, the Obamas will continue to put the “happy” in Halloween when they host a more private reception, along with Vice President Joe Biden and his wife, for military families and for the kids whose parents work in the White House.
This is the first Halloween in the White House for First Daughters Sasha and Malia.
You might like:
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- 35 Of Hollywood's Hottest Moms
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Miley Cyrus Is Apparently Barack Obama's Fault Now
- Melissa Joan Hart Disses and Dishes on Famous Dudes She's Kissed
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?