Bobby Brown: I Left Whitney Houston Funeral Early Over Mistreatment, Seating
4:37 pm, February 18th, 2012
The New Edition singer was seen exiting New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, NJ only minutes after the service began, leading to speculation and conflicting reports about the reason for his short stay.
He just released the following statement, blaming security personnel.
“My children and I were invited to the funeral of my ex-wife Whitney Houston. We were seated by security and then subsequently asked to move on three separate occasions.”
“I fail to understand why security treated my family this way and continue to ask us and no one else to move.”
“Security then prevented me from attempting to see my daughter Bobbi-Kristina. In light of the events, I gave a kiss to the casket of my ex-wife and departed as I refused to create a scene. My children are completely distraught over the events.”
“This was a day to honor Whitney. I doubt Whitney would have wanted this to occur. I will continue to pay my respects to my ex-wife the best way I know how.”
Amid earlier confusion, Reverend Al Sharpton tweeted, “I am at Whitney’s funeral. I spoke with Bobby Brown trying to calm him down and not distract from the services. Today is about Whitney!”
Sharpton added, “I did my best out here. Can’t tweet from inside the sanctuary, I hope the press will not distort the day.”
Earlier, TMZ reported that Brown had a plus-two for service, but wanted to bring in an entourage of nine people, getting upset when the family allegedly refused to seat them all.
He and Houston were married from 1992 to 2007.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Christian Bale & Woody Harrelson Share The Screen
- Nelson Mandela Passes Away At Age 95
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- Exes Kate Moss & Johnny Depp Are Reuniting
- DMX Has Baby Number 12 On The Way!
- Lorde's Royally Cute Music Video Look
- Bond Girls In Bikini's Always Sucker Us In