Bobby Brown Performs Concert After Whitney Houston’s Death
12:22 am, February 12th, 2012
Brown and his band mates in New Edition, who opted to go ahead with their scheduled performance, paid tribute to the late singer throughout the concert.
“I would like to say, I love you Whitney,” Brown reportedly told attendees. “The hardest thing for me to do is to come on this stage.”
During an intermission, fans sang along to Houston’s “You Give Good Love,” the Associated Press reports.
Brown and Houston, who were wed from 1992 to 2007, have one daughter together, Bobbi Kristina.
While Brown has yet to release an official statement on Houston’s passing, the remaining New Edition members say they “are absolutely shocked and saddened by the sudden and untimely death of our dear sister Whitney.”
The statement, provided to TMZ, continues, “As a group, we are extremely close; when one of us hurts, we all hurt.”
“As much as we are in pain right now, we will continue to draw strength from God, as we support and comfort our brother Bobby, their daughter Bobbi-Christina and Whitney’s mother Cissy Houston,” the statement adds.
It concludes, “Our thoughts and prayers remain with the entire Brown-Houston family today and always.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- Miranda Kerr's Sexy Souvenirs
- Emma Watson's Most Fabulous Short Hair Styles
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- Celebrities With Super Attractive Siblings
- Kate Hudson Discusses Her Perfect Day
- Jay-Z's Teaching Blue Ivy Something He Never Learned
- Couples That Make You Go 'WTF'
- John Ritter's Son Follows in His Dad's Footsteps