Bob Barker Donates $2 Million to Injured Members of the Armed Forces
12:47 pm, March 8th, 2011
Bob Barker understands the high price some members of the armed forces have paid serving this country and is now donating $2 million to the Semper Fi Fund, which assists injured individuals in the military, as well as their families.
A Navy fighter pilot in World War II, Barker said in a release that he hopes his donation will spur others to “commit to making sure that not one young Marine, sailor, airman and soldier or their family members are in need during their long-term recoveries.”
Along with retired Marine Corps Maj. Gen. Mike Myatt, the former “Price is Right” host is slated to present his gift tomorrow in Hollywood.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Drew Carey Show: What Ever Happened to Mimi?
- Kim Kardashian's Swollen Feet Scream For Help
- Amanda Bynes' Scary and Strange Twitter Photos
- Star Shocker: They Went to Rehab?!
- McKellen Marrying Stewart
- Tyra Banks Without Make-up: Still Think She's Hot?
- You Won't Believe What Topanga Looks Like Now
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Which Celebs Are Barely Recognizable Without Makeup?
- Ouch!! Kanye West Bangs His Head Into Street Pole