Bob Barker Donates $2 Million to Injured Members of the Armed Forces
12:47 pm, March 8th, 2011
Bob Barker understands the high price some members of the armed forces have paid serving this country and is now donating $2 million to the Semper Fi Fund, which assists injured individuals in the military, as well as their families.
A Navy fighter pilot in World War II, Barker said in a release that he hopes his donation will spur others to “commit to making sure that not one young Marine, sailor, airman and soldier or their family members are in need during their long-term recoveries.”
Along with retired Marine Corps Maj. Gen. Mike Myatt, the former “Price is Right” host is slated to present his gift tomorrow in Hollywood.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'