Bob Barker Donates $2 Million to Injured Members of the Armed Forces
12:47 pm, March 8th, 2011
Bob Barker understands the high price some members of the armed forces have paid serving this country and is now donating $2 million to the Semper Fi Fund, which assists injured individuals in the military, as well as their families.
A Navy fighter pilot in World War II, Barker said in a release that he hopes his donation will spur others to “commit to making sure that not one young Marine, sailor, airman and soldier or their family members are in need during their long-term recoveries.”
Along with retired Marine Corps Maj. Gen. Mike Myatt, the former “Price is Right” host is slated to present his gift tomorrow in Hollywood.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet