‘Blue Valentine’ to Challenge NC-17
12:50 pm, October 14th, 2010
UPDATED – 10/14/10 -
Alan R. Friedman will represent The Weinstein Company in front of the Motion Picture Association of America’s panel. Gosling or director Derek Cianfrance may possibly accompany Friedman.
They’ll have 15 minutes to make their case for overturning the preliminary NC-17.
While the movie has generated Oscar buzz for its actors and critical acclaim at festivals, the MPAA tagged it with the severe rating on October 8.
It stars Gosling and Williams as a couple whose relationship is crumbling. The story spans many years and is told through flashbacks.
The NC-17 rating is supposedly due to a scene in which the couple get drunk while spending a night in a hotel, where Gosling’s character wants to have sex while his wife doesn’t.
But there is very little nudity in the scene, claims someone who has seen the film, and “it was hardly a moment that would make you think, well here comes an NC-17.”
It’s “an absolute head-scratcher.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
Visit GossipCop.com for the latest!
You might like:
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Gwyneth Paltrow Wants Kids To Have Perfect Accents
- Lady Gaga Debuts Flying Dress
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Miley Cyrus' Best & Worst Moments
- Is Adam Levine The Sexiest Man Alive?
- Who Said Cameron Diaz Sounded "Too Rihanna?"
- 14 Stars With Sketchy Pre-Fame Pasts
- Sasha Obama's Sweater Starts Fashion Frenzy