Beyonce and Jay-Z File to Trademark Blue Ivy Carter’s Name
9:05 am, February 9th, 2012
The superstar couple has filed an application with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to trademark their daughter’s name.
Their request comes after at least two other people sought to profit off of Blue Ivy’s name in the days immediately following her birth.
According to the Washington Post, Beyonce’s BGK Trademark Holdings company filed the application on January 26.
On January 11, a fashion designer named Joseph Mbeh submitted his own application for “Blue Ivy Carter NYC”; nine days later, a separate entity attempted to trademark “Blue Ivy Carter Glory IV” for fragrances.
Both filings were denied, with the Patent and Trademark Office ruling that the name belonged to a “very famous infant.”
Beyonce and Jay-Z’s own application is pending – but expected to be approved.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- The Drama Continues With Pauly D's Baby Mama!
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- Was Brittany Murphy Poisoned?
- Nick Cannon Impostor Pulls Off Jewelry Heist
- Brad Pitt: Sexy But Smelly?
- 24 Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Related
- Jennifer Lawrence's Sexy Stilettos are Affordable Too
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- A$AP Rocky Drop "Fashion Killa" Video Starring Rihanna