Blake Shelton Birthday: Gossip Cop Blows Out 5 Rumors In Singer’s Honor
Blake Shelton turns 40 on Saturday, and Gossip Cop is celebrating the singer’s milestone birthday by taking a look back at five rumors we exclusively “blew out” about the country superstar over the last year. “The Voice” coach is a frequent tabloid target, and these claims are fiction, not fact.
1. Just days after announcing their divorce last July, In Touch claimed Miranda Lambert was pregnant with Shelton’s baby. In a cover story labeling Lambert “pregnant and dumped,” it was alleged their breakup had “come at an especially heartbreaking time,” because the country songstress was “pregnant,” and “didn’t find out until after the split.” A source close to Lambert exclusively told Gossip Cop it was “B.S.,” and she and Shelton even joked about the allegation on Twitter.
2. As bad as that was, In Touch stepped in it further in September with a cover announcing, “Rehab For Blake.” Gossip Cop confirmed hours after the story was released that Shelton was NOT in rehab, and that no one in his camp was urging him to go, contrary to the tabloid’s claims. Weeks later, Shelton sued the magazine for libel and defamation. The case is still pending.
3. In October, the National Enquirer tried turning longtime friends Shelton and Adam Levine into enemies. The supermarket tabloid alleged the two were “at war” backstage at “The Voice,” in part due to Shelton supposedly hitting on Levine’s wife, Behati Prinsloo. There was no truth to the report, and Gossip Cop was assured Levine and Shelton were still as friendly can be. In fact, Levine recently shared a picture of Prinsloo and Shelton on Instagram.
4. The untrue tales continued into 2016, including an April story from HollywoodLife that claimed Shelton and girlfriend Gwen Stefani were giving Miley Cyrus relationship advice. The webloid alleged the couple was advising Cyrus on how to deal with “ups and downs” in her romance with Liam Hemsworth. Gossip Cop, however, was told the article was “untrue.” And it appeared to be fabricated just because Cyrus was serving as a guest mentor on “The Voice.”
5. Of course, Shelton and Stefani’s relationship has kept the gossip mill churning, with new stories coming out on a weekly basis. Earlier this month, for instance, OK! alleged the couple was in a “prenup battle.” While Shelton was supposedly “taken aback” by Stefani’s demands, it was said he ultimately caved to make her “happy.” Gossip Cop pointed out this was coming from the same outlet that said Stefani was “pregnant with twins” in January. So it was no surprise when her rep told us the prenup claims were also “B.S.”
As mentioned above, Shelton has been known to use Twitter to mock the tabloids, calling out the fabrications and making fun of the ridiculous claims. But when he’s unavailable, Gossip Cop will still be here to let his fans know what’s real and what’s rumor. For now, we just wish Shelton a very happy and rumor-free birthday!