Blake Shelton Mocks National Enquirer Story About “$100 Million Divorce” From Miranda Lambert
2:58 pm, December 29th, 2013
In its most recent attempt. the supermarket tabloid claimed the country couple were headed for a “$100 million divorce.”
Now, Shelton is slamming back at the Enquirer.
He joked on Twitter, “Wow!! @mirandalambert and I are so excited about our 100 million dollars!!! Who knew you could make so much money just by divorcing?!!”
And in response to a fan asking what he’s going to do with the money, Shelton cracked, “Mostly just crack and hookers… Oh and Taco Bell!!”
Of course, this isn’t the first time the two singers have had to contend with divorce rumors.
In October, the magazine published a bogus report about the couple’s “$40 million divorce.”
Apparently, that made-up story wasn’t sufficiently sensational for the Enquirer, so last week it more than doubled the dollar amount.
And before that, in the spring, the outlet also fabricated a split story.
The Enquirer has said a lot of stuff about the couple that isn’t true.
The National Enquirer has very little credibility when it comes to reporting on Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert.
So when the tabloid prints a “new” story claiming the couple’s marriage “exploded right before Christmas” and that a “bitter divorce battle over the pair’s $100 million fortune is set to erupt in 2014″ — well, it’s just… kinda sad.
None of it is true, as we previously reported, and thankfully Shelton and Lambert can joke about it.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- 10 Best Celebrity Quotes About Being Pregnant
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- Super Geeky Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hotties
- Does Ian Somerhalder Have a New Girlfriend?
- A-List Stars Who Failed at Marriage