Missouri Man Accused of Plotting Breaking Dawn Movie Theater Shooting
4:24 pm, November 16th, 2012
A Missouri man named Blaec Lammers is accused of planning a mass shooting at a screening of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 this weekend.
Fortunately, authorities stopped him in time.
The 20-year-old was apprehended at a Sonic store in Bolivar, and charged with first-degree assault, making a terroristic threat and armed criminal action after his alarmed mother contacted police on Thursday.
Lammers allegedly bought assault rifles and more than 400 rounds of ammunition in a plot apparently meant to copycat last July’s massacre at a showing of The Dark Knight Rises in Aurora, Colorado.
When questioned by police, Lammers said, according to a probable cause statement, that “he had a lot in common with the people that have been involved in those [Colorado] shootings… that he was quiet, kind of a loner, had recently purchased firearms and didn’t tell anybody about it, and had homicidal thoughts.”
Lammers admitted that he bought tickets to a Sunday screening of Breaking Dawn – Part 2, with the intent to gun down theatergoers that evening.
He also told authorities that he “got to thinking” about shooting people at a local Walmart because he could get more ammo there, in case he ran out.
The police statement notes that Lammers said he had never shot a gun before, and wasn’t taking his medication, though it wasn’t specified what precisely he was taking.
It seems, at this point, that the suspect was working on his own.
In the probable cause statement, Lammers also said he thought about stabbing a Walmart employee to death back in 2009.
Gossip Cop will have updates.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Highlights of Joe and Teresa Giudice's Plea Deals Revealed
- Kim Kardashian: Airline Passenger Screamed Racist Obscenities at Me
- Why Reality TV Might Cost Kanye His Best Man Jay Z
- What 'Teen Mom' Star Just Bought a House?
- Khloe Kardashian Throws a Fit Over Joan Rivers' Prank