Billy Ray Cyrus Praises Miley for Taking “Risks,” Says Her Fame is at “New Level”
9:20 pm, September 19th, 2013VIDEO
“For me to think how hard she’s worked to get to his point, and what a risk — just the fact that she went and cut her hair off. That was huge,” said Billy Ray.
He continued, “She could’ve stayed Hannah Montana forever and made a great living doing that, but she’s more of an artist than that, and she wanted to make a living and evolve.”
Noting that Miley is “very smart” and had her latest controversial career moves all “thought out in advance,” Billy Ray pointed out that “the shock factor is tremendously higher than it used to be.”
“She’s really very focused and loves what she’s doing. And that’s the main thing for me as a dad, seeing my little girl doing what she loves and making the music that she loves to make and hanging out with some incredibly talented producers, singer-songwriters, musicians,” he told Morgan.
Billy Ray also discussed Miley’s fame reaching “a whole new level” the last few weeks, offered perspective on her VMAs performance, and gave his thoughts on criticism from Parents Television Council.
Check out the video below.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet