Billy Joel to Release Candid Memoir “The Book of Joel” This Summer
10:51 am, March 3rd, 2011
Billy Joel has gone from banging the piano keys to banging the keyboard, and is set to release a memoir this summer.
HarperCollins announced today that on June 14 the rocker will release “The Book of Joel,” which will take readers on an “emotional ride” from his early hard times to the height of his success.
The book will also cover the backstories to his hits, such as “Just the Way You Are” and “New York State of Mind,” as well as a frank look at his marriage to Christie Brinkley and his battles with depression and substance abuse.
Joel also reflects in the autobiography on fatherhood and the ups-and-downs of being a rock star.
Will you pick up a copy when it’s released?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Can You Believe Kim Kardashian Was This Thin?
- The Real Reason Kim Won't Marry Kanye
- Tyra Banks Without Make-up: Still Think She's Hot?
- Human Barbie Discusses Her Unique Look
- The Worst Celebrity Tattoos Ever
- Mommy Makeover: Teen Mom Catelynn's Slim Down
- Model's Too-Tiny Bikini Causes Wardrobe Malfunction
- 25 Old Famous Celebrity Couples We Forgot Existed
- Black Celebrities Who Have Turned White
- Selena Wouldn't Stalk Justin's Dates Online