Billy Joel Responds to Elton John’s “Tough Love” on Alcohol (EXCLUSIVE)
12:34 pm, February 2nd, 2011EXCLUSIVE
In a new Rolling Stone cover interview, the British music legend doesn’t mince words when discussing Joel, his friend and frequent touring partner.
“He’s going to hate me for this, but every time he goes to rehab they’ve been light [on him],” says John. “When I went to rehab, I had to clean the floors. He goes to rehab where they have TVs.”
John continues, “I love you, Billy, and this is tough love. Billy, you have your demons and you’re not going to get rid of them at rehab light.”
He also claims the struggle to remain sober is damaging Joel’s music.
“At the end of the day, he’s coasting,” says John. “I always say, ‘Billy, can’t you write another song?’ It’s either fear or laziness. It upsets me.”
“Billy’s a conundrum. We’ve had so many cancelled tours because of illnesses and various other things, alcoholism.”
Now Joel has responded to John’s remarks in an exclusive statement to Gossip Cop.
“I’ve worked with Elton for such a long time and I’ve enjoyed our relationship too much to let something as random as these comments change my affection for him,” says Joel.
“Elton is just being Elton.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails