Billy Joel Responds to Elton John’s “Tough Love” on Alcohol (EXCLUSIVE)
12:34 pm, February 2nd, 2011EXCLUSIVE
In a new Rolling Stone cover interview, the British music legend doesn’t mince words when discussing Joel, his friend and frequent touring partner.
“He’s going to hate me for this, but every time he goes to rehab they’ve been light [on him],” says John. “When I went to rehab, I had to clean the floors. He goes to rehab where they have TVs.”
John continues, “I love you, Billy, and this is tough love. Billy, you have your demons and you’re not going to get rid of them at rehab light.”
He also claims the struggle to remain sober is damaging Joel’s music.
“At the end of the day, he’s coasting,” says John. “I always say, ‘Billy, can’t you write another song?’ It’s either fear or laziness. It upsets me.”
“Billy’s a conundrum. We’ve had so many cancelled tours because of illnesses and various other things, alcoholism.”
Now Joel has responded to John’s remarks in an exclusive statement to Gossip Cop.
“I’ve worked with Elton for such a long time and I’ve enjoyed our relationship too much to let something as random as these comments change my affection for him,” says Joel.
“Elton is just being Elton.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet