Billy Joel Responds to Elton John’s “Tough Love” on Alcohol (EXCLUSIVE)
12:34 pm, February 2nd, 2011EXCLUSIVE
In a new Rolling Stone cover interview, the British music legend doesn’t mince words when discussing Joel, his friend and frequent touring partner.
“He’s going to hate me for this, but every time he goes to rehab they’ve been light [on him],” says John. “When I went to rehab, I had to clean the floors. He goes to rehab where they have TVs.”
John continues, “I love you, Billy, and this is tough love. Billy, you have your demons and you’re not going to get rid of them at rehab light.”
He also claims the struggle to remain sober is damaging Joel’s music.
“At the end of the day, he’s coasting,” says John. “I always say, ‘Billy, can’t you write another song?’ It’s either fear or laziness. It upsets me.”
“Billy’s a conundrum. We’ve had so many cancelled tours because of illnesses and various other things, alcoholism.”
Now Joel has responded to John’s remarks in an exclusive statement to Gossip Cop.
“I’ve worked with Elton for such a long time and I’ve enjoyed our relationship too much to let something as random as these comments change my affection for him,” says Joel.
“Elton is just being Elton.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- Kim Kardashian's Mommy Time With North West
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- Beyonce Spoke To Blue Ivy While Giving Birth?
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- A Cute Daddy Daughter Moment Courtesy Of Jay Z
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- Tia Mowry Makes Time For Son & Nephew
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?