Billy Joel Shelves Book Plans
2:32 pm, March 31st, 2011
Billy Joel was set to release a memoir this summer called “The Book of Joel,” which was to take readers on an “emotional ride” from his early hard times to the height of his success.
The book was going to cover the backstories to his hits, such as “Just the Way You Are” and “New York State of Mind,” as well as take a frank look at his marriage to Christie Brinkley and his battles with depression and substance abuse.
But the autobiography about being a rock star dad will NOT hit bookstores.
Before Joel’s manuscript was finalized he decided to shelve his memoir for HarperCollins.
The singer said, “It took working on writing a book to make me realize that I’m not all that interested in talking about the past, and that the best expression of my life and its ups and downs has been and remains my music.”
What do you think about Joel deciding not to put out a memoir?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Who Does Naya Rivera Want To Collaborate With?
- 15 Sexy Celebrity Hairstyles To Try
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Which Aging Playboy Star Just Passed Away?
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Brody Jenner Probably Not Invited To Kim's Wedding?
- All-Time Hottest Celebs with Facial Hair
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors