Notorious B.I.G. Murder Investigation Heats Up – 14 Years Later
10:30 am, January 7th, 2011
The investigation into Notorious B.I.G.‘s murder is heating up nearly 14 years after the rapper was shot and killed in Los Angeles.
A task force including the FBI, the Los Angeles Police Department and the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office is now pursuing a “reinvigorated” case, according to CNN.
Authorities are said to be actively pursuing new leads.
Also known as Biggie Smalls, the man born Christopher Wallace was murdered after a music industry party at the Petersen Automotive Museum on March 9, 1997. He was 24 years old.
The lingering theory behind Wallace’s death is that it was retribution in an ongoing feud between east coast and west coast hip hop artists.
Six months before Wallace was shot, California rap icon Tupac Shakur was murdered in Las Vegas.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter for accurate celebrity news!
Check us out on Facebook!
You might like:
- 10 Rapper's Crazy Cribs
- Memory Lane: Kim Kardashian Through The Years
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- 10 Artists Who Stole Ideas & Never Gave Credit
- Owen Wilson Gets His Personal Trainer Pregnant
- Hair Inspiration: Celebs With The Most Enviable Ombre
- Was Brittany Murphy Poisoned?
- Bond Girls In Bikini's Always Sucker Us In
- 9 Reasons Solange's Son Is Hollywood's Coolest Kid
- 32 Celeb Moms We Have Serious Crushes On