Big Lebowski 2 Reports Are 100% Fake
5:40 pm, June 28th, 2012
According to a number of fictitious reports, a sequel to The Big Lebowski will supposedly start filming in October.
There have been rumors in the past about a follow-up to the cult classic Coen Brothers movie starring Jeff Bridges and John Goodman, but a new hoax gained enough traction on Thursday to be featured on The Examiner and CBS Los Angeles.
Just to be clear: The Big Lebowski 2 story originated as a joke.
It is not real.
The 100% phony story claims Bridges and Goodman are set to return for the sequel, purportedly called The Big Lebowski 2: The Dude Goes to Washington, in which the heroes supposedly have to save their bowling alley from a villain allegedly to be played by Bill Murray.
The report also says Jesse Eisenberg will play Bridges’ son, a United States Congressman, hence, we suppose, the whole “Washington” element.
In any case, rather than looking into whether there was ANY truth to this EXTREMELY dubious story, outlets simply ran with it.
“‘The Dude’ Is Back” declares CBS Los Angeles’ headline.
We’re sorry to say he’s not.
Again, lest there be any doubt: The Big Lebowski 2 is a totally fake project.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Adopts Her 'Direwolf'
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Renee Zellweger Looks Hardly Recognizable
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- NBA Star Ray Allen Is One Lucky Man