Big Lebowski 2 Reports Are 100% Fake
5:40 pm, June 28th, 2012
According to a number of fictitious reports, a sequel to The Big Lebowski will supposedly start filming in October.
There have been rumors in the past about a follow-up to the cult classic Coen Brothers movie starring Jeff Bridges and John Goodman, but a new hoax gained enough traction on Thursday to be featured on The Examiner and CBS Los Angeles.
Just to be clear: The Big Lebowski 2 story originated as a joke.
It is not real.
The 100% phony story claims Bridges and Goodman are set to return for the sequel, purportedly called The Big Lebowski 2: The Dude Goes to Washington, in which the heroes supposedly have to save their bowling alley from a villain allegedly to be played by Bill Murray.
The report also says Jesse Eisenberg will play Bridges’ son, a United States Congressman, hence, we suppose, the whole “Washington” element.
In any case, rather than looking into whether there was ANY truth to this EXTREMELY dubious story, outlets simply ran with it.
“‘The Dude’ Is Back” declares CBS Los Angeles’ headline.
We’re sorry to say he’s not.
Again, lest there be any doubt: The Big Lebowski 2 is a totally fake project.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Bring Her Ex To Premiere?
- Perrie Edwards' Many Hair Colors
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Another Star Of 'The Hills' Gets Engaged!
- Kanye West Changing Last Name To Kardashian?
- 6 Magazine Cover Hairstyles You Can Easily Recreate
- What Would Blair Underwood Give Up Fame For?
- Jamie Dornan's Willing To Get Freaky For '50 Shades'
- Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry Read Mean Tweets: Watch!