Beyonce Performs at United Nations, Shoots Video for World Humanitarian Day
12:19 pm, August 11th, 2012
Beyonce has performed at major venues worldwide, and she just added an especially incredible one: The United Nations.
The singer gave a rendition of “I Was Here” in the UN’s General Assembly Hall on Friday night, recording it for a music video set to debut on World Humanitarian Day, August 19.
Dressed in a white gown, Beyonce sang in front of enormous screens that showed images of disasters from around the globe, as well as the faces of humanitarian workers who assisted with relief.
After her performance, the superstar encouraged the audience to help commemorate World Humanitarian Day and honor workers killed in terrorist attacks.
Celebs like Julia Stiles and The-Dream, along with diplomats and other notables, were on hand.
Anderson Cooper hosted the event, joking, “Is this what happens at the U.N. every Friday night?”
“I Was Here,” written by Diane Warren, who was also in attendance, appeared on Beyonce’s 2011 album 4.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Reese Witherspoon's Flirty Red Carpet Waves
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- North West, Is That You? Khloe Kardashian Posts A Picture
- Leighton Meester Is Engaged To Adam Brody
- Melissa Joan Hart Should've Checked The Mirror
- Rihanna's Instagram Leads To Arrests In Thailand
- Scarlett Johansson's 10 Sexiest Looks
- Are Eminem & His Ex-Wife Back Together?
- Too Much Chaos At Kardashian Household For Kanye?
- Is Kanye West Finally Embarrassed After Irrational Outburst?