PETA Slams Beyonce’s Animal Skin Shoes
3:05 pm, February 27th, 2013
Beyonce is under fire from PETA over a new line of shoes that feature exotic animal skins.
The sneaker wedge design, from Perfectly Made Kicks (PMK), is nicknamed the “King Bey” and features skins including stingray, ostrich, crocodile, and anaconda.
PHOTOS & VIDEO BELOW
Animal rights advocates are not pleased.
In a statement to Gossip Cop, a spokesperson for PETA says of Beyonce’s new kicks:
“These custom-made kicks come with a high price—and it’s paid by the various animals who were beaten and skinned alive or cruelly farmed and killed. Although most people aren’t as familiar with the types of animals (snakes, stingrays, crocodiles, and ostriches) killed for this single pair of sneakers as they are with the cats and dogs we share our homes with, these animals are highly sensitive living beings who try hard to avoid capture and suffer enormously when trapped, netted, speared, and skinned alive.”
“We hope that Beyoncé will choose to wear more clothes from her own clothing line—which features faux fur—and that one day, she’ll go completely cruelty-free. She can always choose the cruelty-free and “green” fashion favored by compassionate, chic celebrities such as Natalie Portman and Anne Hathaway and designers such as award-winning fashion queen Stella McCartney.”
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top 10 Picks to Play Christian Grey
- 30 Child Actors Who Died Young
- The Jessica Alba Long Wavy Bob Tutorial
- Child Stars Turned Child Brides
- 8 Aww-Inspiring Baby Photos Of Celeb Kids
- Kris Humphries Auctions Off Kim Kardashian's Ring
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Rihanna Visits Chris Brown In Anger Management?
- Which Celebrity Likes To Eat Crickets?
- Tia Mowry Makes Time For Son & Nephew