J. Lo, Aretha Franklin, More Stars React to Beyonce Lip-Synching Controversy (VIDEO)
12:23 pm, January 23rd, 2013
Some of the biggest names in music are weighing in on the Beyoncé lip-synching controversy.
But another rep for the Marines later softened the statement, stressing that the band performed to a pre-recorded track, but was in no position to comment as to whether Beyoncé did, too.
The allegations — which the superstar has yet to comment on — have sparked a range of responses, with Jennifer Lopez explaining why lip-synching is sometimes a necessary evil.
“Sometimes it happens when you are in certain stadiums and certain venues and things, they do pre-record stuff because you’re going to have that terrible slapback,” the singer said on Tuesday’s “Daily Show.”
“I thought it was funny because the weather down there was about 46 or 44 degrees and for most singers that is just not good singing weather,” explained the music legend.
She added, “When I heard that I just really cracked up. I thought it was really funny, but she did a beautiful job with the pre-record… Next time I’ll probably do the same.”
And Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler seemed less concerned with Beyoncé’s voice than, uh, a different aesthetic.
“Beyonce’s so hot she can do anything,” the rocker told TMZ. “Let’s just get real.”
Other stars weighed in on Twitter, with Piers Morgan writing, “I still don’t care if Beyoncé lip-synched or not. She’s a brilliant singer and lovely woman – half the world’s starving, folks, get over it.”
Andy Cohen tweeted, “If Beyoncé lip synched that was the best damn lip synch I have ever seen!”
The topic also made Anderson Cooper’s “RidicuList” on Tuesday night, with the CNN personality saying that since “there’s no doubt that is Beyoncé’s voice,” the response to the controversy should be, “Who cares?”
What’s your take on Beyoncé’s potentially pre-recorded performance?
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet