Beyonce and Jay-Z’s Cuba Trip Fully Sanctioned By U.S. Government: Report
8:37 pm, April 8th, 2013
The superstar couple, who last week celebrated their fifth wedding anniversary in Havana, were under investigation by two members of Congress for the visit because of the United States’ long-standing embargo against Cuba, and the human rights violations that the Castro government allegedly still condones.
However, a source tells Reuters that Beyonce and Jay-Z’s trip was a U.S. government-approved “people-to-people” cultural visit during which they met with Cuban artists, musicians and architects.
The outlet says pair’s trip does not violate the law because it involved no meetings with Cuban officials or typical tourist activity, such as going to the beach.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- The Most Educated Rappers In The Game
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- The Brattiest Celebrity Kids
- Kendall Jenner Gets A Completely New Look
- Does Will Smith Think Jada's Style Is Whack?
- Did Beyonce & Jay-Z Chemically Process Blue Ivy's Hair?
- Michael Phelps' New Girlfriend Spills Juicy Details About Their Relationship
- Courtney Stodden's Risque Cleavage-Bearing Mini-Dress
- 10 Celebrity Moms Who Practice Attachment Parenting
- Celebrity Dog Choices That Surprised Us