Beyonce and Jay-Z’s Cuba Trip Fully Sanctioned By U.S. Government: Report
8:37 pm, April 8th, 2013
The superstar couple, who last week celebrated their fifth wedding anniversary in Havana, were under investigation by two members of Congress for the visit because of the United States’ long-standing embargo against Cuba, and the human rights violations that the Castro government allegedly still condones.
However, a source tells Reuters that Beyonce and Jay-Z’s trip was a U.S. government-approved “people-to-people” cultural visit during which they met with Cuban artists, musicians and architects.
The outlet says pair’s trip does not violate the law because it involved no meetings with Cuban officials or typical tourist activity, such as going to the beach.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Beyonce And Jay Z's Cutest Family Pics!
- Snag Julianne Hough's Totally Dreamy French Braided Halo
- What The Frock?: Horrible Celeb Fashion Fails
- Tom Cruise Says He Never 'Abandoned' Suri
- Was Brittany Murphy Poisoned?
- Jessica Simpson's Lips are Bigger and Waist is Smaller
- Lil Wayne Throws Daughter An Extravagant Birthday Party
- Kanye Won't Be Happy About Drake's New Endorsement
- Can Shaq Fix the Sacramento Kings?
- Tia Mowry Makes Time For Son & Nephew