Beyonce Debuts H&M Ad Campaign
1:20 pm, March 21st, 2013
Beyonce is the new face of H&M.
On Thursday, the retailer announced that the singer will star in its summer ad campaign — “Beyonce as Mrs. Carter in H&M” — which features the star posing in a tropical location in the store’s threads.
The first image to be released shows Beyonce lounging in short shorts, a white button-down top and open-toed pumps.
SEE LARGER VERSION BELOW
“I’ve always liked H&M’s focus on fun and affordable fashion,” she explained in a statement. “I really loved the concept we collaborated on to explore the different emotions of women represented by the four elements — fire, water, earth and wind.”
The summer-y campaign, which H&M describes as “an epic fantasy, with glamour, drama and also a sense of paradise,” was shot in the Bahamas.
“It was a beautiful shoot on a tropical island,” said Beyonce. “It felt more like making a video than a commercial.”
Her song “Standing on the Sun” will be featured in the upcoming commercial.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet