Beyonce Stay at Hospital Prompted Health Department Investigation After Complaints
8:18 pm, January 11th, 2012
Beyonce’s birth and stay at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York caused the state’s Health Department to launch an investigation.
The probe began after the Health Department received complaints from families who claimed they were mistreated at hospital, as a result of Beyonce receiving VIP treatment.
Two families alleged that they were kept from seeing their newborns in the neonatal intensive care unit because they were barred by security guards from entering that area of the hospital.
The singer and rap mogul also had the hospital cover its security cameras with tape.
Peter Constantakes, a spokesman for the Health Department acknowledged to the New York Daily News, “We have received complaints,” and noted, “Whenever we receive a complaint, we look into it.”
Ultimately, The Health Department reviewed the complaints and dismissed the investigation, but the hospital will still do a probe of its own.
Follow @GossipCop on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook!
You might like:
- Top Celebrity Engagements and Weddings from 2013
- Scarlett Johansson is Pregnant With Her First Child!
- Pregnant Celebrities: Bump Watch 2014
- Keeping Up With Kourtney Kardashian: Is Attachment Parenting for You?
- Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Talks Parenting and Pregnancy
- Celebs Confess How They Honestly Felt Being Pregnant
- 10 Insanely Famous People Who are Secret Introverts
- 12 Shocking Celebrity Family Ties You Won't Believe
- 20 Hot Celebrities Who Look Busted Without Makeup
- Richard Gere Sets His Sights On A Much Younger Starlet